We use sterling silver from Canadian smelters for these important reasons.
Most people think that all sterling silver is created equally, not true. In fact when silver is made in Canada it is 92.5% fine silver and the 7.5% alloy must be copper, most other countries use nickel as their alloy.
- Nickel is the single most common allergen for people, and it is exactly what irritates our skin.
- We have all of our silver made to our specifications, we rely on the tensile strength of our silver wire to keep it's shape and form.
- We pride ourselves in making all of our own hooks, sleepers, hand formed and forged components that create the integral part of our designs.
- All our chains are high quality Italian sterling silver (nickel free too) we use a medium & medium light gauges for strength & wearability.
- We care about you and aspire for you to wear and enjoy our jewelry daily.
- We value your decision to purchase our hand-crafted jewelry and our greatest compliment is your referral.
Thank you for helping us support our families.
Silver Suspensions jewelry is designed to last a lifetime. Sterling silver tarnishes, especially when exposed to toxins such as salt air, sweat and products containing sulfur, and scents/ hair sprays. However, silver that is worn regularly, typically needs less care, so we encourage you to use or wear your silver every day.
Storing your Silver Suspensions
We recommend storing your pieces in a closed air space, such as silk bags, zip locks, or simply an unscented tissue. By doing so you will prevent the toxins in the air that are attributed to tarnishing the silver, such as sprays, salt air, perfumes, chemicals from hot tubs, etc. from reaching & reacting with the silver.
If your silver does tarnish we recommend cleaning it with;• Soft cotton or silver polishing cloth• Toothpaste & toothbrush (use old fashioned tooth paste) rinse well with hot water & blot dry• Silver dips, however you must chose wisely, never dip pearls and soft stones as it may effect the finish, thoroughly rinse well with hot water & blot dry
Taking care of silver is simple. Prevention is always best, and by doing so, your pieces will bring you a lifetime of enjoyment.